Monday, December 26, 2016

CityLights(2014): Rajkumar Rao leaves his impact as a common man.

The year was 2014, when I heard one of my friends singing a very beautiful song "Muskuraane ki wajjah tum ho..." But I had no idea about this song until I watched it on TV. Obviously, the song had to be beautiful as it was work of a soulful voice of Arijit Singh.
The video promised me of a very touching and sensible movie. So, I finally, decided to watch it. I was surprised to see that it was production of Mahesh Bhatt and Mukesh Bhatt in association with Fox Star Studios for it appeared to be effort of a veteran producer like Anurag Kashyap. But the plot of the movie has already been cooked in 2013 in the name of Metro Manila, a British produced crime-drama filmEven then the direction matters, which was a great effort by Hasnal Mehta. It was Mehta, who made this movie look different from other Bhatt movies like Murder, Jism, Raaz and likes.
The story is about life of a poor farmer and his family, which moves to Mumbai in search for livelihood, who is trapped by tragedy due to his innocence. 
Now, I begin to talk about the actors. The common man of
our story Deepak (Rajkumar Rao) really looks like a common man in the need of livelihood. Rao is versatile, it is proved by his acting in the movie.
Patralekha and Manav Kaul are also good at their parts. But they are overshadowed by Rao in terms of performance. 
Even though this movie is a remake, I am sure that the team behind Metro Manila would be proud to see such masterpiece.
At last, I would appreciate what I noticed that Vishesh Films (production house of Bhatts) has probably, first time acknowledged the fact about an official remake.

No comments:

Post a Comment